For your business to grow, you require to reach millions of people. But doing that by yourself can be very challenging and costly. Startup companies and non-profit organizations that seek to get recognition from potential customers can use EDDM or Every Door Direct Mail.
What is Every Door Direct Mail (EDDM)?
EDDM is a service that is provided by USPS to businesses to send bulk Mails to your target customers without knowing their specific addresses. All you need is select mail routes that the letters will be sent to every active mail address in that route.
EDDM is very cheap and straightforward to popularize your business more, so if it is a small enterprise.
So, to get more information about Every Door Direct Mail. Continue reading to get every detail.
Why Use EDDM?
If you have a business, the following are reasons why you should use EDDM.
- Reduces the cost of preparing a mail
- Helps to generate more income
- Promotes your business to new customers
- You have the choice to send local letters or national campaigns
- Reach different locations without address lists
Therefore, consider Every Door Direct Mail to advertise your business. With it, you will have tremendous benefits, and your enterprise will grow.
EDDM Mailing Options
There are two mailing options when you use EDDM. They are,
- BMEU (Business Mail Entry Unit)
EDDM – Retail Features
- On a single day, you can send a maximum of 5000 mail pieces to one zip code
- You are required to deliver your EDDM mail pieces at your nearest post office
- The best for small enterprises, restaurants, local political campaigns, and realtors
- Must have a USSP account
EDDM – BMEU Features
- The order should have a minimum of 200 mailpieces
- To process the order, you must have an active USPS marketing mail permit number
- A registered USPS member
- No limit on the number of mail pieces to one zip code, and you can send it to different zip codes at ago.
How Much Does EDDM Cost?
- Depending on your mail option, you must pay for EDDM postcards, flyers, or other USPS marketing mail products.
- The following are the cost of mail pieces that weigh a maximum of 0.09 kilograms.
- If you are using EDDM Retail, it will cost you $0.0191 per mail piece.
- While if you use EDDM BMEU, the cost per mail piece is $0.164 for a mail piece that weighs 0.45 kilograms.
Additionally, if you prefer online payment, you can either use your credit or debit card. Also, you can pay at your nearest post office using your credit, debit card, or cash.
- Track USPS International Mail
- How to Claim USPS Lost Mail
- Contact Liteblue Human Resources
- Liteblue Postalease
What is the Minimum Size for EDDM?
Are you looking forward to using EDDM to promote your business or reach more people while campaigning? It is the best way to get enough traffic to boost your mission. Therefore, while preparing to send your mail pieces, you must consider the size.
USPS EDDM service has its set of regulations, and size is one of them. The following are the minimum sizes you should consider for each mail piece.
- Height – 3.5 inches
- Length – 5 inches
- Thickness – 0.0007 inches
Does Vistaprint do EDDM?
Yes, Vistaprint offers direct mail services to its members. To them, it’s the cheapest way to promote your business. They do direct mails in a fast, efficient, and straightforward manner. All you need is to print your package, ensure it adheres to EDDM regulations, and finally deliver it to your nearest post office. The minimum order while using Vistaprint is a thousand dollars without the inclusion of postage.
Can EDDM be Folded?
You can fold your flat cards when sending them to different mail addresses. Some of the flat cards you can send while folded include menus. So, don’t worry if you must wrap your packages.
What are the EDDM Sizes?
There are three different sizes of Every Door Direct Mail flat cards. They include:
- 25”x 9.”
- 6”x 11.”
- 5” x 11.”
The only thing you must consider when choosing between these three sizes is the benefit of each size as the rates are the same. The first flat card size 6.25”x 9” is the smallest. It is used for businesses like home service companies, restaurants, or retailers.
For 6”x 11,” it is best for marketing companies as you can add images of your business apart from the message about the services you provide. Lastly, 8.5”x 11” is mostly used by a company that has stiff competition.
To remain relevant, you must be unique. Hence your mode of advertisement through EDDM should also be. It has the largest of all postcards, which makes it possible to add graphics and other stuff. It is best used by politicians who are campaigning or menus.
If you are starting a new business, the best way to advertise your business is by use of EDDM. You don’t need to have names or street addresses, no postal permits, it is cheap, and you can send numerous flat cards depending on your mail option.
Thank you for reading this piece. I know it has informed you more about EDDM. Please don’t keep such valuable information to yourself. Share it with other relevant people, you know. Don’t forget to contact us if you have any questions.